Friday, October 5, 2007

Cafe Indigo

Cafe Indigo
128H Hall St
Concord, NH 03301
603 224 1770
Website

Ever since trying Cafe Indigo's awesome carrot cake a MyThai in Boston, I couldn't wait to visit their restaurant and bakery in New Hampshire. I headed up north for work last week, so I finally got the chance.

Getting to the address was easy, finding the cafe was a little difficult for me. It is a few blocks of industrial looking strip malls and they are in the back. Fortunately, once you step inside it is rather cozy.

They had a number of baked goods on display and all of the staff was very friendly. I placed an order to go and then wandered around a bit to look at the pastries and bread and read some of the signs. They have a small fridge with some take out foods which is where I was very excited to find some Sheese, the vegan cheese from Scotland. If you've been looking for a local place that carries it, Cafe Indigo is it!

The ToFishy sandwhich I had for lunch was delicious. The home made bread was incredibly good. Later after my long drive home, I tried the grilled seitan wrap. It was also very good. Of course, I had to try a slice of cake. My choice was lemon poppy seed as I hadn't had it before.

The cake itself was mighty tasty. I personally wasn't a huge fan of the frosting. Though lemon fans would love it.

Cafe Indigo also sells their baked goods online. I've tried quite a few of the cakes in Boston and they've always impressed. Even my non veg friends love them.

Plenty of parking is available in the lots around the restaurant.

"ToFishy Sandwich"

No comments: