Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Elephant Walk

Elephant Walk
663 Main Street
Waltham, MA 02451
781 899 2244
Website
(Additional locations in Cambridge and Boston, check their site for address and info.)

Elephant Walk is rather well known and has won awards for both the food and wine list. The fare is French Cambodian. Surprisingly, their have a separate vegan menu. My family and I visited EW for my 30th birthday after my skydiving adventure. I had a wonderful salad from the specials menu that consisted of endive, beets, almonds and a lemon vinaigrette. My meal was the Mee Siem. It was flavorful, but very salty. Last weekend, I was also at Elephant Walk with a larger group of vegan friends. After our food arrived, most everyone at the table also noted the saltiness.

A public parking lot is available at the Waltham location. There is a restaurant owned lot behind the Cambridge location. In Boston, you will only find on street parking.

While Elephant Walk is a great change of pace when looking to try something different, I can't recommend it as highly as other restaurants. The salty food and high prices are a turn off for me.

1 comment:

Meg Wolff said...

I'm glad I found your site. I live in Maine. My favorite resturant is in Waltham, Masao's Kitchen, a Vegan/Macrobiotic Restaurant.

I liked your photo of you(?)hang gliding, so thought I would check out your Web site. Thanks for your resturant reviews. I've bookmarked this site.